POST SHOW REPORT ON VIFA-EXPO 2018
The Vietnam International Furniture & Home Accessories Fair – VIFA-EXPO 2018 organized by HCMC Department of Industry and Trade, Handicraft and Wood Industry Association of HCMC (HAWA) and Alliance HAWA Corporation from 07 – 10 March, 2018 at the Saigon Exhibition & Convention Center (SECC) – 799 Nguyen Van Linh, Dist.7, HCMC, Vietnam.
VIFA-EXPO 2018 takes place in the situation that the international market has promising signs. The organizer’s expectation is the fair scale, the numbers of exhibitors and visitors of the fair are increased more than VIFA-EXPO 2017.
With adequate preparation, VIFA-EXPO 2018 achieved the following results:
- SCALE:(calculated as standard booths)
- 1,961 booths
- 392 Exhibitors
The exhibit structure:
- Furniture & wood materials (80%), handicrafts (3%), home décor (4%), supporting services (13%).
The exhibitor structure:
- Furniture manufacturers & wood materials (49%), handicrafts (4%), home décor (7%), supporting services (40%).
- There are 144 exhibitors registered 454 booths (from Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Holland, Nigeria, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK & USA).
Total visitors of VIFA-EXPO 2018 (11,702 visitors) increased by 19.76% compared with VIFA-EXPO 2017 (9,771 visitors). Number of foreign visitors is 4,522.
Chart 1: Visitors of VIFA 2008 – 2018
Top 10 nations best represented countries are: China (600), Korea (442), Australia (335), Japan (332), USA (295), Taiwan (261), Malaysia (137), UK (123), Hong Kong & Canada.
Foreign visitors are from more than 88 countries and territories. In which visitors from 3 key export markets (USA, Japan, and Europe) increased compared with last year. Details are: visitors from USA 2.5%, Japan 2.8%, Europe 6.3%. The real number of foreign visitors come in Vietnam is 83.4%, which 16.6% who are working in Vietnam.
This is a good sign that VIFA-EXPO 2018 achieved. VIFA-EXPO welcomed a stable number of foreign visitors, this shows the attraction of furniture made-in-Vietnam.
Most of the exhibitors of VIFA-EXPO 2018 assert that most visitors are potential buyers who aim to find out partners and place orders. This shows the positive sign of the world, the worldwide demand for wood product is on the rise.
Chart 2: Purpose of visiting the fair (%).
Chart 3: How did you know about the fair (%).
Chart 4: Loyal visitors of VIFA fairs.
This chart is based on the visitors who know about the previous VIFA fairs, and now visiting (or revisiting) VIFA-EXPO 2018. This chart shows the number of loyal visitors of VIFA-EXPO is high.
- TRADE PROMOTION:
During 4 show days, according to incomplete daily survey, 19 exhibitors got contracts and memos.
Typical exhibitors who have many contracts: Livax, Thinh Viet, Niemi, Minigold, Pi, Nixxin, Tuan Linh, Lam Duong …
According to the preliminary surveys, total value of the contracts and memos signed during the fair is 3.6 million US Dollars.
The exhibitors are collecting the orders’ value and will report later.
– In the Opening Ceremony of the fair, the Awarding Ceremony of the Apricot Blossom Furniture Design Competition (Hoa Mai Prize 2017 – 2018) is held, 8 wining prices were honored and exhibited at the fair.
This is the 15th edition of Hoa Mai Competition, which attracted 191 submissions from 179 candidates from the universities, colleges, professional level, companies and designers.
– In the fair period, the Seminar: “Global Wood Products Market Development”, attracted participation of 50 representatives who are from the companies in the industry.
Promotional campaign plays an important part in preparing and executing the fair, the organizer pay much attention to promoting the fair in foreign and domestic communication channels:
Foreign furniture magazines, newspapers, website: 7 organizations
− Furniture Today – USA
− Furniture World – USA
− The Home Living – Japan
− Moeble Markt – Germany
− Furniture & Furnishing – Singapore
− World Furniture – Italy
− Furniture News – UK
− Interior Monthly – UK
− Mebelny Biznes – Russia
− Le Courrier du Meuble et de l’Habitat (France)
− Furnishing International (Australia)
− GaGu (Korea)
− www.Tradeindia.com- India
− www.10times.com – India
Cooperation with 7 foreign furniture directory publishers and furniture fair organizers:
- SleepChina – http://www.sleep-china.com/
- Betimber – http://www.betimber.com/
- WMF – CIFF
- Coex Korea
- Furniture in China
- EFE EXPO Sdn. Bhd.
- FEM Publishing (M) Sdn. Bhd.
– Posters of VIFA-EXPO 2018 at the International Arrival Terminal (Tan Son Nhat airport)
- Email marketing:
– Furniture Today (USA): 20.000 emails
– Mobel Markt (Germany): 4.500 emails
– Furniture & Furnishings (Singapore): 55.981 emails
– Furniture World (USA): 8,000 emails
– Furniture News (UK): 13,000 emails
– Interior Monthly (UK): 18,000+ emails
– www.tradeindia.com: 10.000 emails
– Furnishing International (Australia): 10,000 emails
– HAWA Corp. sent the e-newsletters to all visitors visited VIFA-EXPO
- Social media:
– Website: 539,787 views
– Fair banner/logo in other websites: 6,084,215 views
– Facebook ad: 1,308,506 reaches
– Upgrade Alexa ranking: 1,863,354 (global), 19,932 (Vietnam)
– Promoting the fair in social channels: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Tumblr, Youtube, Google+ …
– Google adword through 10 countries
Local Media Sponsors: 5 Newspapers & Magazines
- Doanh nhân Sài Gòn (Saigon Entrepreneurs)
- Vietnam News
- Saigon Times Weekly & Saigon Time Online
- Gỗ & Nội thất Magazine (Wood and Interior Decor)
- Gỗ Việt Magazine
VIFA-EXPO 2018, the 5th time HAWA & HAWA Corp. cooperate with HCMC Department of Industry & Trade to organize the fair, is more successful than the previous VIFA-EXPO fairs, most of the exhibitors had positive feedbacks about the professional preparation and organizing the fair as well as the potential buyers visited the fair.
VIFA-EXPO is improved every year and showing its professional as an international fair.
Warmest welcome to VIFA-EXPO 2019 (06-09 March)!