POST SHOW REPORT ON VIFA-EXPO 2019
The Vietnam International Furniture & Home Accessories Fair – VIFA-EXPO 2018 organized by HCMC Department of Industry and Trade, Handicraft and Wood Industry Association of HCMC (HAWA) and Alliance HAWA Corporation from 6–9 March, 2019 at the Saigon Exhibition & Convention Center (SECC) – 799 Nguyen Van Linh, Dist.7, HCMC, Vietnam.
VIFA-EXPO 2018 takes place in the situation that the international market has promising signs. The organizer’s expectation is the fair scale, the numbers of exhibitors and visitors of the fair are increased more than VIFA-EXPO 2018.
With adequate preparation, VIFA-EXPO 2019 achieved the following results:
1. SCALE: (calculated as standard booths)
• 2,420 booths
• 519 Exhibitors
The exhibit structure:
• Furniture & wood materials (76%), handicrafts (3%), home décor (4%), supporting services (17%).
The exhibitor structure:
• Furniture manufacturers & wood materials (43%), handicrafts (4%), home décor (6%), supporting services (47%).
• There are 255 exhibitors registered 737 booths (from Taiwan, Singapore, USA, Canada, China, France, India, Denmark, Hong Kong, Ireland, Holland, Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Indonesia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Thailand, Brazil and Seychelles).
Total visitors of VIFA-EXPO 2019 (12,328 visitors) increased by 5% compared with VIFA-EXPO 2018 (11,702 visitors). Number of foreign visitors is 4,970.
Chart 1: Visitors of VIFA 2008 – 2019
Top 10 nations best represented countries are: China (810), Korea (472), USA (453), Japan (327), Australia (323), Taiwan (268), Malaysia (171), Hong Kong (140), England and Singapore.
Foreign visitors are from more than 103 countries and territories. In which visitors from 3 key export markets (USA, Japan, and Europe) increased compared with last year. Details are: visitors from USA 4%, Japan 3%, and Europe 5%. The real number of foreign visitors come to Vietnam is 93%, which 7% who are working in Vietnam.
This is a good sign that VIFA-EXPO 2019 achieved. VIFA-EXPO welcomed a higher number of foreign visitors, this shows the attraction of furniture made-in-Vietnam.
Most of the exhibitors of VIFA-EXPO 2019 assert that most visitors are potential buyers who aim to find out partners and place orders. This shows the positive sign of the world, the worldwide demand for wood product is on the rise.
Chart 2: Purpose of visiting the fair (%).
Chart 3: How did you know about the fair (%).
Chart 4: Loyal visitors of VIFA fairs
This chart is based on the visitors who know about the previous VIFA fairs, and now visiting (or revisiting) VIFA-EXPO 2019. This chart shows the number of loyal visitors of VIFA-EXPO is high.
3. TRADE PROMOTION:
During 4 show days, according to incomplete daily survey, most of exhibitors got contracts and memos.
Typical exhibitors: Kettle Interiors, Global Home, Woodnet, Eurofar, Bella Esprit, Le Beton, Green Stone, Thinh Viet, Nixxin, Scansia, Lyprodan, Livax, Donata …
According to the preliminary surveys, total value of the contracts and memos signed during the fair is 5.1 million US Dollars.
The exhibitors are collecting the orders’ value and will report later.
– In the Opening Ceremony of the fair, the Awarding Ceremony of the Apricot Blossom Furniture Design Competition (Hoa Mai Prize 2018 – 2019) is held, 8 wining prices were honored and exhibited at the fair.
This is the 16th edition of Hoa Mai Competition, which attracted 237 submissions from 223 candidates from the universities, colleges, professional level, companies and designers.
– In the fair period, there are Seminars:
1. “Market requirements and opportunities in Europe and the US”
2. “Engineered Wood Products in the Furniture Industry”
3. “Applying lean manufacturing and automation to improve productivity – Experience sharing from China”
Each seminar attracted participation of over 100 representatives who are from the companies in the industry.
Promotional campaign plays an important part in preparing and executing the fair, the organizer pay much attention to promoting the fair in foreign and domestic communication channels:
Foreign furniture magazines, newspapers, website: 14 organizations
1. Furniture Today – USA
2. Furniture World – USA
3. The Home Living – Japan
4. Moeble Markt – Germany
5. Furniture & Furnishing – Singapore
6. World Furniture – Italy
7. Furniture News – UK
8. Interior Monthly – UK
9. Mebelny Biznes – Russia
10. Le Courrier du Meuble et de l’Habitat (France)
11. Furnishing International (Australia)
12. GaGu Guide (Korea)
13. www.Tradeindia.com – India
14. www.10times.com – India
Cooperation with 10 foreign furniture directory publishers and furniture fair organizers:
1. SleepChina – http://www.sleep-china.com/
2. Betimber – http://www.betimber.com/
3. WMF – CIFF
4. Coex Korea
5. Furniture in China
6. EFE EXPO Sdn. Bhd.
7. FEM Publishing (M) Sdn. Bhd.
8. Furniture & Accessories Europe
9. Gagu Asia
10. Giftionery Taipei
– Posters of VIFA-EXPO 2019 at the International Arrival Terminal (Tan Son Nhat airport)
• Email marketing:
Furniture Today (USA): 20.000 emails
Mobel Markt (Germany): 4.500 emails
Furniture & Furnishings (Singapore): 55.981 emails
Furniture World (USA): 8,000 emails
Furniture News (UK): 13,000 emails
Interior Monthly (UK): 18,000+ emails
www.tradeindia.com: 10.000 emails
Furnishing International (Australia): 10,000 emails
HAWA Corp. sent the e-newsletters to all visitors visited VIFA-EXPO
• Social media:
Website: 629,401 views
Fair banner/logo in other websites: 6,135,546 views in 500 other websites
Facebook ad: 1,690,975 reaches
Upgrade Alexa ranking: 1,316,392 (global), 34,949 (Vietnam)
Promoting the fair in social channels: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Tumblr, Youtube, Google+ …
Google adword through 10 countries
Local Media Sponsors: 5 Newspapers & Magazines
• Gỗ & Nội thất Magazine (Wood and Interior Decor)
• Gỗ Việt Magazine
• Deluxe Magazine
VIFA-EXPO 2019, the 6th time HAWA & HAWA Corp. cooperate with HCMC Department of Industry & Trade to organize the fair, is more successful than the previous VIFA-EXPO fairs, most of the exhibitors had positive feedbacks about the professional preparation and organizing the fair as well as the potential buyers visited the fair.
VIFA-EXPO is improved every year and showing its professional as an international fair.
See you at VIFA-EXPO 2020 (11-14 March)!