POST SHOW REPORT ON VIFA-EXPO 2017
The Vietnam International Furniture & Home Accessories Fair – VIFA-EXPO 2017 organized by HCMC Department of Industry and Trade, Handicraft and Wood Industry Association of HCMC (HAWA) and Alliance HAWA Corporation from 08 – 11 March, 2017 at the Saigon Exhibition & Convention Center (SECC) – 799 Nguyen Van Linh, Dist.7, HCMC, Vietnam.
VIFA-EXPO 2017 takes place in the situation that the international market has promising signs. The organizer’s expectation is the fair scale, the numbers of exhibitors and visitors of the fair are increased more than VIFA-EXPO 2016.
With adequate preparation, VIFA-EXPO 2017 achieved the following results:
- SCALE: (calculated as standard booths)
- 1,532 booths
- 313 Exhibitors
Among the exhibitors:
- Furniture manufacturers & wood materials (67%), handicrafts (4%), home decor(17%), supporting services (12%).
- There are 100 exhibitors registered 321 booths (from Singapore, Taiwan, USA, Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Korea, Malaysia, Luxembourg, New Zealand).
Total visitors of VIFA-EXPO 2017 (9.771 visitors) increased by 1,41% compared with VIFA-EXPO 2016 (9.635 visitors). Number of foreign visitors is 3.834.
Chart 1: Visitors of VIFA 2008 – 2017
Top 10 nations best represented countries are: China (544), Korea (370), Japan (341), Australia (305), USA (269), Taiwan (246), Malaysia (179), UK (145), Canada (127) and France (107).
Foreign visitors are from more than 79 countries and territories. In which visitors from 3 key export markets (USA, Japan, and Europe) increased compared with last year. Details are: visitors from Asia 57,12%, Europe 16,07%, USA11,16%, Australia 9,65%, Africa0,4%. The real number of foreign visitors come in Vietnam is 94,94%, which 5,06% who are working in Vietnam.
This is a good sign that VIFA-EXPO 2017 achieved. VIFA-EXPO welcomed a stable number of foreign visitors, this shows the attraction of furniture made-in-Vietnam.
Most of the exhibitors of VIFA-EXPO 2017 assert thatmost visitors are potential buyers who aim to find out partners and place orders.This shows the positive sign of the world, the worldwide demand for wood product is on the rise.
Chart 2: Purpose of visiting the fair (%).
Chart 3: How did you know about the fair (%).
Chart 4: Loyal visitors of VIFA fairs.
This chart is based on the visitors who know about the previous VIFA fairs, and now visiting (or revisiting) VIFA-EXPO 2017. This chart shows the number of loyal visitors of VIFA-EXPO is high.
- TRADE PROMOTION:
During 4 show days, according to incomplete daily survey, 34 exhibitors got contracts and memos.
Typical exhibitors who have many contracts: Brema, Bigimex Co., Le Beton, White Feather, Woodnet, Donata, Dai Hong Phat Co., Ltd., Green Stone, Lyprodan …
According to the preliminary surveys, total value of the contracts and memos signed during the fair is 34.5 million US Dollars, increased by 138% compared with VIFA-EXPO 2016.
In the Opening Ceremony of the fair, the Awarding Ceremony of the Apricot Blossom Furniture Design Competition (Hoa Mai Prize 2016 – 2017) is held, 8 wining prices were honored and exhibited at the fair.
This is the 14thedition of Hoa Mai Competition, which attracted 254submissions from the candidates from the universities, colleges, professional level, companies and designers with 238 submissions.
Promotional campaign plays an important part in preparing and executing the fair, the organizer pay much attention to promoting the fair in foreign and domestic communication channels:
Foreign furniture magazines,newspapers, website: 7 organizations
- Furniture Today – USA
- Furniture World – USA
- The Home Living – Japan
- Mobel Markt – Germany
- Furniture & Furnishing – Singapore
- World Furniture – Italy
- Furniture News – UK
- Interior Monthly – UK
- Mebelny Biznes – Russia
- Le Courrier du Meuble et de l’Habitat (France)
- Tradeindia.com – India
- 10times.com – India
Cooperation with 7 foreign furniture directory publishers and furniture fair organizers:
- Keshan Infotech(Furniture & Accessories Europe) – USA
- Koelnmesse Co., Ltd.(Interzum Guangzhou) – China
- Guangdong Grandeur Int’ Exhibition Group Co., Ltd.(Wood South China 2017) – China
- Qiansehai Media Co.,Ltd. – China
- Shanghai UBM Sinoexpo Int’ Exhibition Co., Ltd.(Furniture In China) – China
- EFE EXPO SDN BHD – Malaysia
- FEM Publishing (M) Sdn. Bhd. – Malaysia
- Postersof VIFA-EXPO 2017 at the International Arrival Terminal (Tan Son Nhat airport)
- Email marketing:
- Furniture Today: e-blast to be sent to 18.000 emails
- Mobel Markt: e-newsletter to be sent to 3.500 emails (sent twice)
- Furniture & Furnishings to be sent to 55.981 emails
- Furniture World: 8.000 emails
- Interior Monthly: 18.000+ emails
- tradeindia.com: 10.000 emails
- E-newsletter to be sent to all visitors visited VIFA-EXPO
- Social media:
- Website: 317.603 views
- Fair banner/logo in other websites: 5.843.742 views
- Facebook ad: 1.382.475 reaches
- Upgrade Alexa ranking: 1.169.830 (global), 40.150 (Vietnam)
- Promoting the fair in social channels: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Tumblr, Youtube, Google+ …
- Google adword through 10 countries
Local Media Sponsors: 5 Newspapers & Magazines
- Doanh nhân Sài Gòn (Saigon Entrepreneurs)
- Vietnam Business Forum
- Vietnam News
- Gỗ Việt Magazine
- Saigon Times Weekly & Saigon Time Online
VIFA-EXPO 2017, the 4thtime HAWA & HAWA Corp. cooperate with HCMC Department of Industry & Trade to organize the fair, is more successful than the previous VIFA-EXPO fairs, most of the exhibitors had positive feedbacks about the professional preparation and organizing the fair as well as the potential buyers visited the fair.
VIFA-EXPO is improved every year and showing its professional as an international fair.
Warmest welcome to VIFA-EXPO 2018!