POST SHOW REPORT ON VIFA EXPO 2016
The Vietnam International Furniture & Home Accessories Fair – VIFA-EXPO 2016 organized by HCMC Department of Industry and Trade, Handicraft and Wood Industry Association of HCMC (HAWA) and Alliance HAWA Corporation from 08 – 11 March, 2016 at the Saigon Exhibition & Convention Center (SECC) – 799 Nguyen Van Linh, Dist.7, HCMC, Vietnam.
VIFA EXPO 2016 takes place in the situation that the international market has promising signs. The organizer’s expectation is the fair scale, the numbers of exhibitors and visitors of the fair are increased more than VIFA EXPO 2015.
With adequate preparation, VIFA EXPO 2016 achieved the following results:
SCALE: (calculated as standard booths)
Among the exhibitors:
- Furniture manufacturers & wood materials (70%), handicrafts (2%), home decor (18%), supporting services (10%).
- Foreign exhibitors made up to 23% compared with total 253 exhibitors and 16% compared with total 1.243 standard booths (from Belgium, Denmark, Australia, China, Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan China, Malaysia, Canada, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, USA).
Total visitors of VIFA EXPO 2016 (9.635 visitors) increased by 18,2% compared with VIFA EXPO 2015 (8.153 visitors). Number of foreign visitors is 3.806.
Top 10 nations best represented countries are slightly different from 2015, the order (2015): Korea, Japan, USA, Malaysia, Australia, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, France, UK, and the order (2016): China (433 visitors), Korea (377 visitors), Australia (317 visitors), USA, Japan, Malaysia, Taiwan, UK, India, France.
Foreign visitors are from more than 81 countries and territories. In which visitors from 3 key export markets (USA, Japan, and Europe) increased compared with last year. Details are: visitors from Asia 78%, Europe 8%, America 6%, Australia 4,9%, Africa 3.1%. The real number of foreign visitors come in Vietnam is 87%, which 13% who are working in Vietnam. This is a good sign that VIFA EXPO 2016 achieved. VIFA EXPO welcomed a stable number of foreign visitors, although a little bit lesser than last year, but this shows the attraction of furniture made-in-Vietnam.
Most of the exhibitors of VIFA-EXPO 2016 assert that most visitors are potential buyers who aim to find out partners and place orders. This shows the positive sign of the world, the worldwide demand for wood product is on the rise.
During 4 show days, according to incomplete daily survey, 39 exhibitors got contracts and memos. Contracts signed with buyers major from key markets: Korea, Australia, USA, UK, Japan, France, China, India …
Typical exhibitors who have many contracts: Bigimex Co., Woodnet, Lyprodan, Duc Nhan, Nixxin, Living Ikon, 2 Connect, Interwood …
According to the preliminary surveys, total value of the contracts and memos signed during the fair is 14.5 million US dollars, increased by 56,4% compared with VIFA EXPO 2015.
In the Opening Ceremony of the fair, the Awarding Ceremony of the Apricot Blossom Furniture Design Competition (Hoa Mai Prize 2015 – 2016) is held, 8 wining prices were honored and exhibited at the fair.
This is the 13th edition of Hoa Mai Competition, which attracted 191 candidates from the universities, colleges, professional level, companies and designers with 238 submissions.
Promotional campaign plays an important part in preparing and executing the fair, the organizer pay much attention to promoting the fair in foreign and domestic communication channels:
Foreign furniture magazines, newspapers, website: 7 organizations
- Furniture Today – USA
- Home Living – Japan
- Mobel Markt – Germany
- Furniture & Furnishing – Singapore
- World Furniture – Italy
- Gagu Guide – Korea
- Tradeindia.com – India
Cooperation with 13 foreign furniture directory publishers and furniture fair organizers:
- IRUE “National Centre for Marketing & Price Study” (export.by) – (Belarus)
- Adsale Exhibition Services Ltd. (WMF 2016) – (China)
- BIFF 2016 – Beijing International Furniture Fair 2016 – (China)
- Foshan City Bituo Machinery Equipment Network Service Co., Ltd. (China Woodworking Machinery B2B Platform)
- Guangdong Grandeur Int’ Exhibition Group Co., Ltd. (Wood Guangzhou 2016) – (China)
- Qiansehai Media Co.,Ltd. Qiansehai Media Co.,Ltd. – (China)
- Shanghai UBM Sinoexpo Int’ Exhibition Co., Ltd. (Furniture In China) – (China)
- The Hanok Expo Organization Committee (Seoul Hanok Expo 2016) – (Korea)
- Asia Medialine (M) Sdn. Bhd. – (Malaysia)
- EFE EXPO SDN BHD (Malaysia)
- FEM Publishing (M) Sdn. Bhd – (Malaysia)
- PR | Expogroup (19th KITE 2016, 19th EAITE 2016) – (South Africa)
- Racing Champs Exhibitions (HK) Ltd. (The January Furniture Show 2016) – (UK)
- Posters of VIFA EXPO 2016 at the International Arrival Terminal (Tan Son Nhat airport)
- Billboard in Thuan An District, Binh Duong Province.
- Email marketing:
- Furniture Today: e-blast to be sent to 18.000 emails
- Mobel Markt: e-newsletter to be sent to 3.500 emails
- Furniture & Furnishings to be sent to 55.981 emails
- tradeindia.com: 10.000 emails
- E-newsletter to be sent to all visitors visited VIFA from 2008 – 2015
- Social media:
- Facebook fanpage: over 79.283 likes.
- Website: 222.304 views
- Google adword through 10 countries
- Creating the event on facebook: 634.724 Reaches
- Advertising on foreign websites: 1.000 Webs
Other promotional activities: Brochure and invitation of the fair to be distributed at
- Vietnam Wood (14-17/11/2015)
- International Travel Expo (ITE) (10-12/9/2015)
- Seoul Hanok Expo (18-21/2/2016)
Local Media Sponsors: 5 Newspapers & Magazines
- Doanh nhân Sài Gòn (Saigon Entrepreneurs)
- Vietnam Business Forum
- Vietnam News
- Gỗ Việt Magazine
- Saigon Times Weekly & Saigon Time Online
VIFA EXPO 2016, the 3rd time HAWA cooperate with HCMC Department of Industry & Trade to organize the fair, is more successful than the previous VIFA fairs, most of the exhibitors had positive feedbacks about the professional preparation and organizing the fair as well as the potential buyers visited the fair.
VIFA EXPO is improved every year and showing its professional as an international fair.